Friday, January 23, 2009

Toronja Williams' UPIC's Inaugural Ball

The UPIC's Inaugural Gala in the

Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
As part of the culmination of the University Presidential Inauguration Conference (UPIC) event, I glamorously and memorably celebrated the inaugural night in the nation’s capital which was buzzed with excitement as the inauguration celebration came towards its end. Just a mile away from the Capitol, the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum held a Black Tie Gala Inaugural Ball. In this beautiful and spacious ball, a number of former and current scholars were packed around the hall snapping pictures and exchanging laughters. At the back of the hall are a small live band, playing a variety of live music near the displayed fine and beautiful candle lighted dinner tables containing the delicious Hors d'Ĺ“uvres and desserts. Everybody who was there had an awesome time, including me!


In wrapping up this blog segment, I would like to show my “token” of gratitude towards a few persons. First, I appreciate the UPIC for allowing me to experience this honorable and extraordinary historic moment which would become the crowning achievement in my education throughout my life. Second, I sincerely appreciate my family for giving me confidence and encouragement in participating in this event. Third, I thank my supportive staff and interpreters at UPIC for making this opportunity possible!! Last but not least, I want to thank everyone for reading my blog.

Thanks!!!
Farewell to UPIC!!!


No comments: