Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What Happened Tonight!

Blog entries? Noo I am going to sleep! Tomorrow, I gotta get up at 5 to work at the INVESCO field all day! How exciting! However, I need my rest so I can get you champ information on this blog tomorrow... Keep your fingers crossed for excellent footage!

Here's a list of who I shook hands with/ have pictures of from tonight's personal interactions:

Jesse Jackson
Jamie Foxx
Joe. Biden
Bill Clinton
Dennis Kucinich
Mayor Daley (I think??? Not sure if it was him)


I worked VIP on 3rd floor tonight smile! The most heartwarming of all was Jesse Jackson... He was so busy and distracted shaking hands with other people and when he saw us, realized we were deaf... His face totally lit up! A great smile came over his face and it was like he glowed just because he met deaf volunteers at DNC. He immediately signed "I Love You" with BOTH hands to us and was very jovial towards us. We took a great picture!

Jesse Jackson is a great Civil Rights leader. He was a big supporter of Gallaudet's Deaf President Now movement in 1988. You must always remember Jesse Jackson's quote from 1988:

"The problem is not that the students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen."

Keep these words within your minds and then think of ways how you can make the hearing world listen to YOU.

- Leah

No comments: